GRACE CITY PEOPLE
Time Off Policy
- Full-time staff receives 10 days of vacation per year.
- Lead team staff receives 20 days of vacation per year
- Sunday-Thursday is our typical work week.
- Full-time staff can miss up to:
4 Sundays in a year
2 additional Sundays for ministry out dates.
These are at the approval of a team lead and must include service in a ministry capacity
- No more than 3 team leads out at a time.
- Only one full-time staff member from each team out at a time.
- We understand that unforeseen circumstances can occur outside of our traditional time-off policy and workplace expectations:
- In the event that a nanny is sick, employees are permitted to bring their child to work with them when no other options are available. Please inquire with your team lead.
- If a child is sick with a serious illness, employees are permitted to stay home with the child in special circumstances when no other options are available. Please inquire with your team lead.
- For other emergencies, please inquire with your team lead and Operation director
Full-time staff members receive 10 days of vacation per year.
Days missed Sunday-Thursday count as vacation days.
Full-time staff can miss up to 4 Sundays in a year and can have 2 additional Sundays for ministry outdates.
No more than 2 team leads out at a time.
Only one full-time staff member from each team out at a time.
We understand that unforeseen circumstances can occur outside of our traditional time-off policy and workplace expectations. In the event that a nanny is sick, employees are permitted to bring their children to work with them. If a child is sick with a serious illness, employees are permitted to stay home with the child. In addition to emailing all full-time staff (firstname.lastname@example.org) to notify them, regular full-time employees should notify their Team Lead and Team Leads should notify Christina Gard.
- Stipend staff receives up to 8 paid Sundays of vacation, (sick days, personal days) per year.
VACATION REQUEST PROCESS
- Employees will request days off on our HR bamboo calendar
- Vacation requests will be approved by your team lead (team lead pastors approval by our Senior pastors)
- Vacation days do not roll over from year to year.
- Cannot miss 2 Sundays in a row.
- Vacation days must be requested at least 45 days in advance and approved by your team’s Lead Team member.
- If you are hired part way through the year, you will receive pro-rated vacation days.
- Blackout dates: The church calendar does have black-out dates for big holidays and big church events. Please check the Grace City Calendar for the latest black-out dates before you make a time-off request.
- Ministry outdates:
- Ministry outdates are tracked and subject to approval. Ministry outdates include preaching, leading worship, performing weddings, or other ministry-related activities at a church or other organization.
Maternity/Paternity Leave Policy
- Full-time staff members who become pregnant or adopt are eligible for up to 4 weeks (20 days) of paid leave with no office hours or expectation to respond to phone calls and email
- They also receive an additional 2 weeks (8 days) of paid leave wherein they are required to be at church on Sundays as well as respond to phone calls and emails from home during the week.
- Full-time staff who become pregnant are also eligible for an additional 6 weeks of unpaid leave.
- Full-time staff whose spouse becomes pregnant receive 2 weeks (10 days) of paid leave wherein they are required to be available to respond to urgent phone calls and emails. Depending on the date of birth, they may miss a Sunday or two pending team lead approval.
- Stipend staff members receive up to 6 Sundays of unpaid leave.
- Stipend staff members whose spouses become pregnant may take 2 paid Sundays off in a row rather than the typically allotted 1 Sunday. These Sundays are a part of the 8 days allotted for the year.
In the case of both maternity and paternity leave for both stipend and full-time staff, employees cannot request vacation days for 2 weeks following leave.
Time Off Policies Updated March 1, 2021